The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has been making lots of efforts, initiatives & campaigns to promote financial inclusion and financial literacy in India. The Reserve Bank of India has created the “Raju” series of comics books to educate the youth and common people about banking and savings. This can be found online at:
Under the direct guidance of Dr. K.C. Chakrabarty the RBI has continued the financial education series. Recently the RBI engaged NGOs, banks and organizations working in financial inclusion and financial literacy to develop comics stories relating to the following topics:
- Why should one save?
- Why save regularly and consistently?
- Why save with banks?
- Why start saving early?
- Why open a bank account?
- What is the difference between money and credit?
- Why borrow responsibly?
- Why borrow for income generating purposes?
- Why repay loans in time? Repayment ethics
- Why do you need insurance?
- What are the benefits of being part of payment and settlement system?
- Why you will need regular stream of income post working life – pension?
- Why you should keep money aside regularly and consistently during your earning life for pension and old age?
- What is interest? How moneylenders charge very high interest rates?
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) recently released the final version fo the booklets, guides and posters, acknowledging Sanchayan’s contribution. This can be downloaded here: